So Printing Isn’t Dead!
I stumbled across a neat SlideShare that titled “Printing Isn’t Dead.” I will grant you that is it not absolutely current having been posted in 2011 yet I would venture that the concepts are just as relevant today. Here is some quick highlights and make sure you view the SlideShare below.
- People think that printing is bad for the environment — paper making is taking away our trees.
- People think that the paperless office will do away with print.
- People think that most of what is printed is thrown away or not read.
- The younger generation don’t like it.
A Case for Print
- Print is tactile. (okay, fancy word for… you can touch it)
- Print is intimate and unhurried.
- Print makes people feel special — Email is transactional whereas Print is relational.
- Print is hands-on.
- Print is comfortable.
- Print has perceived value
Print Pays Off
- Inspiration. Consumers like print
- Impact. The quality of print expresses product quality and the credibility of the brand message.
- Interaction. They use it. They Study it. They hang on to it.
Check out this great Slideshare below from Werkshop